bvlgari_logo
History of Bvlgari

Bvlgari has been producing watches since the 1940's, but it was only in the 1970's that the Group made its debut in the fine watch-making sector, by introducing collections of watches to complement the creation and production of its jewels and silverware.

 

In the early 1980's, Bvlgari Time was founded in Neuch√Ętel, Switzerland.

It oversees the creation and production of all Bvlgari watches. In 1993, Bvlgari embarked on a strategy to selectively distribute its watches through the most prestigious retailers of the world.


In June 2000, Bvlgari reached an agreement with The Hour Glass for the acquisition of 100% of Gerald Genta S.A., Daniel Roth S.A., Swiss leaders in high-end watch making, and Manufacture de Haute Horlogerie S.A., the owner of the related manufacturing facilities. The Bvlgari acquisition gave rise to a new company named Daniel Roth and Gerald Genta Haute Horlogerie S.A.

The Bvlgari watches are for both men and women and are distinguished by a creative and contemporary style characteristic of all Bvlgari products.

The timepieces are created according to the most rigorous Swiss watchmaking quality criteria.